June 2015 has been quite the month. Whilst being absolutely trumped by uni finals, I made a conscious effort to indulge more in the things that make me happy. With life constantly rushing full speed ahead, sometimes it helps to stop and reflect on the little things that we appreciated in the last few weeks of our busy lives. So with that said, here’s what I’ve been loving in June!
– The Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is a winner this month. I’ve never been a huge fan of face primers simply because I don’t usually notice much difference in the application or longevity of my foundation, but this primer has turned things around. The Photo Finish Primer feels silky smooth when applied to the skin, blends in easily to a matte finish and best of all, it creates a smooth canvas for your foundation!
– Chanel Chance Eau Tendre – It always fascinates me how a scent can take me back to a moment in the past just like that. The past month of my life has been incredible… And since the Chance perfume has been my go-to scent, its fruity-floral fragrance embodies the people and places I’ve encountered. AND it just smells yummy. Enough said.
– Gerard Cosmetics x Sophia Chang Kimchi Doll Lipstick – For those of you who don’t know her, Sophia Chang is a beauty and fashion YouTuber who I am kind of, a little bit, completely obsessed with. So when she announced her collaboration with Gerard Cosmetics, I was down to support whatever she was releasing. And her Kimchi Doll Lipstick definitely does not disappoint.The lipstick is creamy, buildable and extremely moisture rich, which is perfect for my dry, sensitive lips. Not to mention, its the perfect peachy nude shade which looks good on its own or paired with a lipgloss. But my favourite way to apply it is just in the centre of the lips, over a darker nude lipliner!
– This month I have been wearing the heck out of my Coach Robyn sunglasses in Black. As I always say, you can never go wrong with black, so these sunglasses are hella wearable and the cat-eye shape adds a touch of edginess to them which is just my style!
– Song: My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up) by Fall Out Boy is my song favourite of the month. Fall Out Boy is one of my all time favourite bands, and I was lucky enough to see them live back in February. Since then I haven’t stopped listening to this song, and when it popped up at the end of Pitch Perfect 2, I was obsessed all over again.
– Film: I watched a handful of new films this month, but in terms of my favourite I can easily peg it down to Jurassic World. My sister and I were crazy about the first Jurassic Park films, so we were super stoked for this new release.. and it definitely did not disappoint. The entire film had me at the edge of my seat and I particularly enjoyed the use of the original soundtrack from the old Jurassic Park movies.
And thats a wrap! So, what have you been loving in the month of June?